PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS
DATE : January 30, 2016 - Saturday
TIME : 9:00AM - 4:00PM
SEMINAR DESCRIPTION : Systems for the production and delivery of goods and services have always been part of the modern society. The survival of any individual organization depends on how efficiently it produces goods and/or services. The quality and cost of a product or service are determined largely by the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations system.
OBJECTIVES : At the end of the seminar-workshop, the participants would be able to:
1. have a deeper understanding why production/ operations management is important to
the organization and the individual.
2. learn the major features of an operations system and the decision areas that go into
the design of an operations system.
3. gain knowledge of key objectives of operations planning and implement balance among
4. understand productivity and its impact in the organization.
5. actively participate in improving productivity in operation.
- Changing Views of Production and Operations
II. THE OPERATIONS SYSTEM : A MODEL
- Operations Management and Strategic Planning
- Continuous and Assembly-Line Production
- Job-Shop Production
III. DESIGNING PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS SYSTEMS
- Product/Service Planning and Design
- Capacity Planning
- Process Selection
- Facility Location Planning
- Layout Planning
- Job Design
IV. PLANNING AND CONTROL DECISIONS
- Operations Planning and Control
Materials Requirements Planning
- Inventory Planning and Control System
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Factors Influencing Productivity
- Productivity Management
Prepared by :
Engr. EMMANUEL B. PEREGRINA
I Learn Professional Seminars
2563 Lemery St. Malate Manila
Tips for Online Transactions
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal, Bank Deposit, LBC, or Pera Padala without the item.
- Never pay with anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cheques
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"