YACON (APPLE OF THE EARTH)
POLYMNIA SONCHIFOLIA is a distant relative of the sunflower. Crisp, juicy, sweet and succulent tuber that contains a large amount of sucrose free sugar in the form of inulin making it ideal for diabetics and weight watchers as it does not bring about an increase in blood sugar levels. In Bolivia, Peru and Brazil, yacon is eaten by people who have diabetes, as well as digestive anomalies.
- A glucose free sweetener that can improve digestive health and help reduce sugar intake
- It is pressed from the yacon tuber then an evaporator is used to make it into syrup.
- It contains 50% of fructooligossaccharides (FOS) a unique type of sugar that is not absorbable by the body. FOS acts as a prebiotic serving as food for the friendly bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus species in the colon and preclinical studies have indicated that consumption of FOS may help increase bone density and protect against osteoporosis.
- The human body has no enzyme to hydolyze FOS as it passes through the digestive tract unmetabolized, thus, fewer calories are absorbed making it a great ingredient for diet and colon health related foods.
Clinical studies also show that administering inulin can simultaneously reduce the population of the harmful bacteria in the colon
Top benefits of using Yacon syrup include the following:
High Fiber Content
Helps Lower Cholesterol and Blood Sugar Levels
Increases Bone Density
Improves Immune System Function
Increased Energy Levels
Increased Rate of Metabolism
Tips for Online Transactions
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal, Bank Deposit, LBC, or Pera Padala without the item.
- Never pay with anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cheques
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"