Sodium gluconate is a compound with formula NaC6H11O7. It has the E number E576. Sodium gluconate is the sodium salt of gluconic acid, produced by fermentation of glucose. It is a white to tan, granular to fine, crystalline powder, very soluble in water. It is non corrosive, non-toxic and readily biodegradable. Aqueous solutions of sodium gluconate are resistant to oxidation and reduction, even at high temperatures. It has excellent chelating power, especially in alkaline and concentrated alkaline solutions. It forms stable chelates with calcium, iron, copper, aluminium and other heavy metals.
- Sodium gluconate acts as a stabilizer, a sequestrant and a thickener when used as a food additive (E576).
- Sodium gluconate is used as a chelating agent to form complexes with metal ions which can influence the stability and appearance of cosmetic products.
- Gluconates are added to cleansers and shampoos to increase the lather by sequestering hard water ions.
- Gluconates are also used in oral and dental care products such as toothpaste where it is used to sequester calcium and helps to prevent gingivitis.
Packaging: 1 kg
Tips for Online Transactions
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal, Bank Deposit, LBC, or Pera Padala without the item.
- Never pay with anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cheques
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"